- Con$igning is Ea$y and Profitable – Compared to the work involved in preparing and conducting a garage sale, yard sale or tag sale, consigning is the easiest and more profitable route. Why? When you consign you simply gather your items and take them to the store. We ensure they are properly placed on hangers, we price them and place them in the proper location in the store with similar items. When the items are purchased your portion of the purchase price is added to your account.
- What to Consign – Family clothing from infant on up. We also accept DVDs, CDs, jewelry, toys, furniture, home decor, etc.. When selecting items to consign ask yourself “Is this something I would buy for my family?” We are not looking for your left-over yard sale merchandise. Clothing should be in-season, gently worn, freshly laundered, preferably pressed and on hangers. If you need hangers, come in and we can provide them for you. Items that can not be hung may be neatly laid flat in plastic totes. Do not bring clothing in grocery or trash bags. A good rule of thumb is your items should be ready to placed on the sales floor. The more time you spend preparing your items, the faster it will sell and the more money it will bring! Clothing that is torn, missing buttons, stained, faded, piled or smells of smoke or other odors, may not be accepted. Clothes need to be in style and should have been purchased in the last few seasons or considered a classic style (meaning one that never goes out). When you bring in your items to consign, we will review your items and select what we believe our customers will purchase. Sometimes there will be items that we cannot accept so please do not be offended! Our customers’ preferences, past sales and current stock must be our guidelines. We select only the best. When we set high standards everyone benefits!
- Return Proceeds – The standard percentage returned to consignors is split 60/40. You can collect your percentage as a check each month or use your balance to purchase items in the store.
- Pricing – We place prices on your items based prices on supply and demand and will work hard to get the best possible prices for you. However, we do reserve the right to take markdowns and run occasional sales. Generally we price items 1/4 to 1/2 of it’s original retail price with markdowns every 30 days. If you have a special item that you’d like a firm price on, please let us know. Original price documentation (Printed receipt, catalog page) is helpful.
- Shoppers Understanding to Shop Often – With more consignment stores accepting merchandise daily the selection is ever changing. The shoppers have increased awareness and check back often which increased exposure to your items consigned.
- It’s Fun! – When treasure hunting in a consignment store, you never know what you may find.
- Increased Awareness by the Public of Recycling – People would rather consign their unwanted or unneeded items than just throw them in the trash. By consigning you ensure your items are re-used by someone else.
- Loss – We are careful and trustworthy, and encourage our customers to be also, but cannot be held liable for fire, theft or damage to merchandise. Check with your insurance agent to see if your Homeowners Policy will cover your items if such an unfortunate event should happen.
- Consignment & Thrift – Most people consider thrift stores and consignment stores to be the same. This is not true. Usually, consignment stores offer a higher quality clothing than thrift stores. Thrift stores depend on donated items for which the donator receives nothing1. Consignment stores sell the items brought in but the consignor receives a portion of the selling price.
1. Non-profit thrift stores provide a donation receipt for use on your tax return.